Public administration is an important aspect of our lives and for institutions managing the affairs of government and the private sector. Previously we discussed the importance of public administration in the world. But in this article, we narrow our topic and specifically focus on one of the biggest countries in Africa, Nigeria. The Nigerian government relies on public management and administration to effectively provide for and govern its citizens, also by making sound policies for human development. Therefore thousands of people as about the importance of public administration in Nigeria.
Core functions of public administration are that it helps in the proper implementation of responsibilities, policies, advisory roles, and monitoring of public affairs, and processes, with systems created to support the existence of public administration. You can learn about the core functions of public administration in this article. Despite having similar roles to management, administration, and new public management. Public administration plays an important fundamental role in Nigeria today, from policy implementation, control, monitoring, provision of social services, health care, food, relief, etc. to people.
Importance of public administration in Nigeria
The significance of public administration in Nigeria has been to play a crucial role in helping federal agencies. These include; transportation, security, health, and human social service providers. Public administrators in Nigeria and especially at the local level help to organize procedures, and reduce efforts through new public management which has significant features that help to improve public service delivery. Public administration services span every part of our society from social, cultural, political, and economic.
- The first importance of public administration in Nigeria is to ensure the protection of citizens and society through the maintenance of law and Oder. Public administration has been part of the law-making process in Nigeria.
- Public administration is important for the Nigerian government to perform checks and balances on policies, impact, and effects they have on Citizens.
- Public administration is implemented in government institutions, built on bureaucratic principles. Administrators ensure there is efficiency and effectiveness in managing public affairs.
- Public administration controls the social, economic, cultural, and political aspects of Nigerian society. These depend on public administration to effectively function.
- In Nigeria, public administration is important for information provisional services to citizens and operational businesses.
- Public administration helps in the development of the country. Those who study public administration find employment to offer public professional assistance
- Public administration in Nigeria helps when creating monitoring policies for health status to identify and prescribe viable solutions to health problems the community faces.
- Public administrators mobilize the community through social work and groups to help people with different needs.
- Public administration helps the Nigerian government in policy-making and arraigning affairs of society according to demand through the process of prioritizing
- It’s important for organizations, government institutions, and non-governmental facilities to properly organize work procedures and control.